Buying computer systems that should last longer is the basic principle of any business. Businesses cannot afford to spend money on computer systems and server hardware infrastructure every year or every other year, especially for small and medium-size businesses.
What are the fundamental features of small or medium size business that should be considered if they want to invest in computer servers which should last longer especially when there are so many options to choose from? Having many options to choose from makes any business owner nervous about buying from such a wide range of choices!!
The PONDESK 1U rackmount security gateway appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN, DNS Server, DHCP Server to deliver a high throughput, reliable operation, high performance and wide array of network applications including UTM, VPN, VMware ESXi firewall and gateways like, pfSense, Sophos, Untangle, ClearOS, Monowall, Linux, Unix and Windows® Server etc.
We recommend you to buy servers which have got key features like below:
- Integrated 2 Group Bypass Which will allow the two networks (1 to 2 and 3 to 4 LAN) to provide an alternative route in power failure or crash. When bypass enables then traffic passes if its disable then nothing passed.
- Support Windows/Windows Server/Linux/Unix/Firewalls and MikroTik RouterOS etc.
- Ready for IoT – Simply Connected Using WiFi/4G LTE via Mini PCIe
- No less than 4GB of memory
- Another important feature is Intel® AES-NI and Secure Key which are designed for servers
If I am the business owner, I would definitely ask why I should not follow the current trend of cloud computing for my business. We would say there are enough reasons not to go after cloud computing because:
- The server would be based on the size of your organization whereas cloud computing does not consider the size of your business.
- You will control the updates and maintenance of the server
- The on-site performance will never be matched by the cloud.
- Easy to identify the problem if a server is on-site but it won’t the case for cloud servers.
- The most important advantage will be the security of your own data as no third party will have access to your data.